NJPW Power Struggle Results (11/7) “Your Destino Is My Destino”
Jay White has made history. Avenging last year’s G1 Climax finals loss to Kota Ibushi, Switchblade Jay White defeated The Golden Star to become the first wrestler in NJPW history to take the Tokyo Dome Challenge Briefcase from the G1 Climax Winner, seemingly securing King Switch’s place in the Wrestle Kingdom main event. Since the tradition began in 2012, no G1 Climax winner has lost their contract.
White showed up after the main event of Saturday’s show, letting Tetsuya Naito know that White will be challenging the double champion on Jan. 5th. After Naito defeated EVIL to retain the titles, White informed the champ that he’ll be taking Jan. 4th off, and then on Jan. 5th, challenging for both titles. “My destino is your destino, and your destino is my destino,” White told Naito.
— Switchblade (@JayWhiteNZ) November 7, 2020
White vs. Naito isn’t the only Wrestle Kingdom match that was made on Saturday. Kazuchika Okada was challenged by his former-protege, Will Ospreay. Okada made relatively quick work of The Empire’s Great-O-Khan, when The Assassin made his Wrestle Kingdom plans known. The Rainmaker was quick to accept the challenge.
Elsewhere on the card, Shingo Takagi regained the NEVER Openweight Title from Minoru Suzuki in a hard-hitting affair. Toru Yano defended the KOPW 2020 trophy against Zack Sabre Jr. in a fun contest. KENTA defeated Hiroshi Tanahashi to retain the right to challenge IWGP United States Champion Jon Moxley.
NJPW Power Struggle
Available on NJPWWorld.com
- KOPW 2020 No Turnbuckle Match: Toru Yano (c) def. Zack Sabre Jr. by countout. (12:11)
- NEVER Openweight Championship Match: Shingo Takagi def. Minoru Suzuki (c) by pinfall via Last of the Dragon. (18:56)
- Kazuchika Okada def. The Great-O-Khan by ref stoppage via Money Clip. (12:59)
- IWGP US Heavyweight Right To Challenge Contract Match: KENTA (c) def. Hiroshi Tanahashi by ref stoppage via Game Over. (19:58)
- IWGP Heavyweight & Intercontinental Double Championships Right To Challenge Contract Match: Jay White def. Kota Ibushi (c) by pinfall via Backslide. (18:47)
- IWGP Heavyweight & IWGP Intercontinental Double Championships Match: Tetsuya Naito (c) def. EVIL by pinfall via Destino. (33:07)