WWE Looking For A ‘Talent Brand Manger’ – Details
Photo by Desiree Navarro/WireImage
WWE is looking for a talent brand manager to move toward the next phase of its Superstars relationships with third-party platforms. WWE posted a job listing for a Talent Brand Manager. The job listing notes the following:
WWE Talent Management Group will deliver best-in-class 360-degree support of Talent across all internal lines of business and key external partners, amplifying Talent brand value, and maximizing monetization opportunities for Talent and WWE.
- Work across all lines of business to develop and execute growth strategies for talent brands.
- Drive opportunities for talent brands internally and externally.
- Align talent goals and personal interests to WWE strategic initiatives.
- Develop and maintain talent marketing materials.
- Monitor growth of individual talent brands.
- Collaborate with talent third parties to solicit and assess new opportunities.
- Assist in benchmarking economics for talent engagements.
- Provide market intelligence and best practices for holistic brand development.
After widespread backlash from multiple talents within WWE and around the wrestling community, including former Democratic presidential candidate, Andrew Yang, WWE released the following statement defending their decision to protect their intellectual property:
“Much like Disney and Warner Bros., WWE creates, promotes and invests in its intellectual property, i.e. the stage names of performers like The Fiend Bray Wyatt, Roman Reigns, Big E and Braun Strowman. It is the control and exploitation of these characters that allows WWE to drive revenue, which in turn enables the company to compensate performers at the highest levels in the sports entertainment industry. Notwithstanding the contractual language, it is imperative for the success of our company to protect our greatest assets and establish partnerships with third parties on a companywide basis, rather than at the individual level, which as a result will provide more value for all involved.”
WrestleZone will continue to monitor the story and report any and all updates.