WWE Confirms ACH Is No Longer Under Contract
ACH is no longer contracted to work with WWE.
Wrestlezone has confirmed ACH (Albert Hardie Jr) is no longer under contract with the company. Earlier today, we reached out for clarification for Hardie’s status and a company rep has since confirmed he was released from WWE. The statement given was “He is no longer under contract” and no other details were given.
Earlier today, ACH was announced as appearing at two independent wrestling events and posted a photo of himself signing a document with the caption “The King Is Back.” ACH announced he was quitting WWE last Wednesday because he refused to work for a racist company and publicly complained about a blackface themed t-shirt that was designed for him.
Despite quitting the company, ACH previously said he was still legally bound to WWE during a live Q&A on his social media feed that aired over the weekend. According to a report from Dave Meltzer of Wrestling Observer Newsletter, WWE “very much tried” to help Hardie weeks before he went public with his issues.
At the time of the initial controversy with the shirt design, WWE issued the following statement saying ACH (Albert Hardie Jr.) had approved the shirt, but Hardie later said that someone had lied to him about the final design and he had only seen it on a grey background and not the final product.
Albert Hardie Jr. (aka Jordan Myles) approved this t-shirt for sale. As always, we work collaboratively with all of our performers to develop logos and merchandise designs and get their input and approval before proceeding. This was the same process with Albert, and we responded swiftly once he later requested that the logo/t-shirt be redesigned. No t-shirts were sold.