Update On The Creative Direction Of Numerous WWE Superstars Before Release
Photo by Desiree Navarro/WireImage
Fightful Select has released numerous reports providing detailed updates on where numerous superstars were creatively and professionally before being released from their WWE contracts. Check out some of the updates below courtesy of Sean Ross Sapp at Fightful.
- Oney Lorcan – Originally asked for his release back in the fall of 2019 but was denied. They finally let him go last week.
- Gran Metalik – Asked for his release a few months ago due to being unhappy with the direction of Lucha House Party.
- Lince Dorado – Said he had not personally asked for a release as of October 2021, but was in good spirits after the news was revealed of his release.
- Nia Jax – Asked for a mental break a few months ago and was given a leave of absence. Was scheduled to return mid-November 2021, but asked for an extension on her mental break. WWE had tentative plans for her return but nothing concrete long-term.
- Eva Marie – Has been filming a movie. WWE had no plans creatively for her return.
- Jeet Rama – The pandemic and old age were both part of his downfall. He was 41 years old and there were no creative plans for him. He was set to be part of WWE’s effort to globalize and expand into India, which was scrapped.
- Katrina Cortez – Originally paired with Sin Cara until he was released, but mainly used to help put over Andrade & Zelina Vega. Cortez was sent back to NXT but there were never creative plans in place for her.
- Keith Lee – Recently expressed that the Bearcat character was not his idea.
- Karrion Kross – Several backstage attempted to plea regarding the direction and booking of his character. There were plans in store to yet again repackage Kross, but most thought the issue was the booking not the character itself.
- Scarlett – Was considered for an in-ring role on the main roster but the idea was quickly scrapped. Several backstage officials wanted to pair her back with Kross but it never happened.
- Mia Yim – There were plans in place to utilize her before the draft, and internally she switched brands multiple times. Every time they had a plan for Yim, it was nixed or never had enough momentum to be executed.