Two Matches Added To ROH Death Before Dishonor, RUSH Pulled From Card Due To Injury
Image Credit: Ring of Honor Wrestling
During this week’s episode of ROH Wrestling, the promotion announced that the Briscoes will face the OGK (Matt Taven and Mike Bennett) at the pay-per-view.
The Briscoes are 11-time ROH World Tag Team Champions, but they had been on a cold streak prior to the brothers’ memorable Fight on the Farm in July. This violent battle seemingly solved the issues between Jay and Mark, and the duo picked up two wins as a team since this bout. Jay was unable to compete at ROH Glory By Honor, where Brian Johnson filled in as Mark’s partner in a match against Flip Gordon and Demonic Flamita. Meanwhile, the OGK has been occupied by Matt Taven’s feud with Vincent. Now that it’s seemingly over, the former champions can return their focus to the gold.
Additionally, Eli Isom will take on Dalton Castle. The former ROH World Champion has been a thorn in Isom’s side in recent months, and the tension between the duo somewhat cost the two men a match where they challenged for the ROH World Six-Man Tag Team Championship alongside Dak Draper at the Best in the World pay-per-view. Castle recently attacked Isom during a match with Draper on ROH Week By Week to add even more bad blood to this feud.
Speaking of the six-man titles, RUSH has been pulled from his scheduled match at Death Before Dishonor due to an injury he suffered at ROH Glory By Honor. He was supposed to team up with Draogn Lee and Kenny King of La Faccion Ingobernable to challenge Shane Taylor Promotions for the gold, but La Bestia del Ring will take his place in this bout.
The updated card is as follows:
- The Briscoes (Mark & Jay Briscoe) vs. The OGK (Matt Taven & Mike Bennett)
- Dalton Castle vs. Eli Isom
- ROH Six-Man Tag Team Championships: Shane Taylor Promotions (Shane Taylor, Kaun & Moses) vs. La Faccion Ingobernable (La Bestia del Ring, Dragon Lee, & Kenny King)
- ROH World Championship: Bandido (c) vs. EC3 vs. Brody King vs. Demonic Flamita
- ROH Pure Championship: Jonathan Gresham (c) vs. Josh Woods
- ROH Women’s Championship Tournament final: Winner of Rok-C vs. Angelina Love vs. Winner of Trish Adora vs. Miranda Alize*
- Two recently released wrestlers from another promotion will face off
- Chris Dickinson, Homicide and Tony Deppen of Violence Unlimited will face three pure wrestlers from the past, present and future in an open challenge
*Both of these semifinal matches will air this upcoming weekend (September 4) on ROH Wrestling.