Tom Lawlor To Defend NJPW Strong Openweight Championship Against Satoshi Kojima On 7/23 NJPW Strong
Image Credit: New Japan Pro-Wrestling
Tom Lawlor’s next defense of his NJPW Strong Openweight Championship will come against one of the legends in the world of New Japan Pro-Wrestling.
According to a recent announcement from NJPW, Lawlor will put his belt on the line against Satoshi Kojima, a legendary star in the company, on the July 23 episode of NJPW Strong, which will be the 50th episode of the show. After he took down Karl Fredericks two weeks ago at Ignition to retain his title, Lawlor is looking to keep his success going. But Kojima has promised to take down Lawlor, setting up a huge match between the two.
— NJPW Global (@njpwglobal) July 9, 2021
Alongside the title match, NJPW Strong’s 50th episode will also feature the semi-finals of Tag Team Turbulence, so it’s shaping up to be a memorable night.
Here’s a full look at what NJPW Strong has planned for the month of July:
NJPW Strong Road to Tag Team Turbulence (Friday, July 9)
– Josh Alexander vs. Rocky Romero
– PJ Black vs. Alex Coughlin
– The DKC vs. Barrett Brown
NJPW Strong Tag Team Turbulence (Friday, July 16)
– First round match: The Good Brothers vs. Clark Connors & TJP
– First round match: Yuji Nagata & Ren Narita vs. Fred Yehi & Wheeler Yuta
– First round match: Kevin Knight & The DKC vs. Jorel Nelson & Royce Isaacs
– First round match: Brody King & Chris Dickinson vs. JR Kratos & Danny Limelight
NJPW Strong Tag Team Turbulence (Friday, July 23)
– NJPW Strong Openweight Championship: Tom Lawlor (c) vs. Satoshi Kojima
– Tag Team Turbulence Semifinal: Nagata & Narita or Yehi & Yuta vs. The Good Brothers or Clark Connors & TJP
– Tag Team Turbulence Semifinal: Kevin Knight & The DKC or Jorel Nelson & Royce Isaacs vs. Brody King & Chris Dickinson or JR Kratos & Danny Limelight
NJPW Strong Tag Team Turbulence (Friday, July 30)
– Tag Team Turbulence Final