Report: The Undertaker Set To Appear At WWE Survivor Series
Photo Credit: Wikimedia Commons
The Undertaker will reportedly play a big role at this year’s WWE Survivor Series pay-per-view—but it doesn’t exactly mean he’ll be wrestling at the event.
According to @WrestleVotes, The Undertaker will reportedly appear at Survivor Series to mark the 30th anniversary of his WWE debut. It was noted that despite his appearance and building the event around him, Taker is not expected to wrestle on the pay-per-view.
WWE Survivor Series is scheduled to take place on November 22nd, 2020, exactly thirty years to the day since his debut in the company. This would mark The Phenom’s first appearance inside the ThunderDome and his first overall appearance on live WWE TV since the Boneyard Match at WrestleMania 36. While he has remained on the sidelines in a wrestling capacity since then, WWE Network has produced a number of documentaries on The Undertaker, including the five-part series titled “The Last Ride”. Additionally, WWE Network will begin to air a series of weekly specials for a “30 Days Of The Deadman” celebration beginning on October 25 and culminating with his second appearance on The Broken Skull Sessions with “Stone Cold” Steve Austin after Survivor Series.
The full schedule for the new specials is below:
- October 25: WWE Untold: The Phenom and The Legend Killer: Learn the incredible true story of The Undertaker and Randy Orton’s epic rivalry from 2005, as told by The Phenom and The Legend Killer themselves.
- November 1: Meeting Mark Calaway: Superstars from past and present — including “Stone Cold” Steve Austin, Drew McIntyre, and Randy Orton — remember their first introduction to Mark Calaway, better known to the WWE Universe as the one and only Undertaker.
- November 8: The Mortician: The Story of Paul Bearer: This is the story of William Moody, the real-life mortician who combined his background in mortuary science with his passion for wrestling to create one of WWE’s most enduring personalities.
- November 15: Brothers of Destruction: For the first time ever, The Undertaker and Kane sit down for a candid discussion about their storied careers, which have been intertwined since The Big Red Machine was introduced as The Undertaker’s long-lost brother in 1997.
- November 22: “Stone Cold” Steve Austin’s Broken Skull Sessions: The Undertaker: After his groundbreaking appearance on the very first episode of The Broken Skull Sessions, The Undertaker returns for a second round of no-holds-barred conversation with “Stone Cold” Steve Austin.
The upcoming 11/22 Survivor Series PPV will be built around the 30th Anniversary of The Undertaker, including him making a live appearance on the show.
A source states as of now, The Undertaker will not be wrestling at the event.
— WrestleVotes (@WrestleVotes) October 20, 2020