NJPW Best of Super Juniors: Night 5 Results (11/25)
New Japan Pro Wrestling continued the Best of Super Juniors on Wednesday. The show was headlined by El Desperado getting a stunning upset over SHO in a blistering contest. Plus Taiji Ishimori, Hiromu Takahashi & Master Wato all are leading the tournament, with 8 points apiece.
Yuya Uemura and DOUKI’s hopes have all but flickered and faded, as both men have reached the half-way point in the tournament, and neither has scored a win, despite both’s superhuman efforts in their first five matches. DOUKI, especially, has been showing a creative flair for offense during this tournament, coming up with inventive move after inventive move like some sort of Luchador Chris Kanyon.
BUSHI also got a needed win over Ryusuke Taguchi, and Satoshi Kojima got to throw yet another match-winning Lariat.
The match of the night belonged to Taiji Ishimori and Robbie Eagles. The former tag team partners have been separately delivering spectacular performances throughout the tournament, and their match against each other was equally amazing. Fast paced, hard hitting, reversal-heavy, definitely a semi-main event worth going out of your way for.
.@RobbieEagles_ "Springboard Dropkick"
— njpwworld (@njpwworld) November 25, 2020
The whole show is available on NJPWWorld.com
NJPW Best of Super Juniors
Available on NJPWWorld.com
- Satoshi Kojima & Tomoaki Honma def. Yuji Nagata & Gabriel Kidd by pinfall. (7:22)
Satoshi Kojima pinned Gabriel Kidd via Lariat.
- Hiromu Takahashi (8) def. Yuya Uemura (0) by submission via Boston Crab. (10:43)
- Master Wato (8) def. DOUKI (0) by pinfall via RPP. (12:29)
- BUSHI (6) def. Ryusuke Taguchi (4) by pinfall via MX. (12:52)
- Taiji Ishimori (8) def. Robbie Eagles (4) by pinfall via Bloody Cross. (17:25)
- El Desperado (6) def. SHO (6) by pinfall via Pinche Loco. (18:40)
NJPW returns on 11/28 for World Tag League: Night 6 on NJPWWorld.com