NJPW Best of Super Juniors 27 & World Tag League 2020 Finals (12/11) We’re On The Road To Wrestle Kingdom
New Japan Pro Wrestling brought World Tag League and Best of Super Juniors to a thrilling conclusion on Friday. The double header main event matches lived up to every expectation and then some. Both winners making history in their own way.
Tama Tonga & Tanga Loa put an end to their Sisyphean struggle over the past few years, finally winning World Tag League after three unsuccessful trips to the finals. They bested last year’s winners Juice Robinson & David Finlay in a hard-hitting affair. Tama & Tanga didn’t do it alone, they received help from Jado, as well as IWGP United States Championship Contender KENTA and his trusty briefcase.
— 邪道(jado) (@REAL_JADO) December 11, 2020
The show was closed by a brutal, historic chapter in the rivalry between Hiromu Takahashi & El Desperado. The Best of Super Juniors trophy was almost second to the animosity between both men, leading to a match that saw its fair share of spectacular moves, as well as the unmasking of El Desperado!
.@TIMEBOMB1105 "Canadian Destroyer"
— njpwworld (@njpwworld) December 11, 2020
After 30 minutes of breathless action, Hiromu Takahashi emerged victorious for the second time in Best of Super Junior history. The 2018 tournament winner went on to challenge the winner of the upcoming Super J Cup, on the road to his IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Title match against Taiji Ishimori.
Elsewhere on the card, SANADA was so busy fighting with EVIL that he left Shingo Takagi vulnerable to an attack by Jeff Cobb. The Hawaiian strongman attacked after LIJ’s victory over Bullet Club, and made it clear that he intends to challenge the NEVER Champion.
Cobb wasn’t the only member of The Empire making a statement on Friday. Great-O-Khan assaulted Hiroshi Tanahashi’s oft-injured knee after a six-man tag match, similar to the attack The Empire laid into The Ace back in November. With Ospreay facing Okada, and Cobb busy with Takagi, Tanahashi’s only path to revenge against The Empire is through Great-O-Khan.
Plus Bad Luck Fale destroyed Toru Yano’s KOPW 2020 trophy and challenged him to a Body Slam match, Tetsuya Naito made fun of Hiroyoshi Tenzan a bunch, and Master Wato was also there.
NJPW Best of Super Juniors 27 & World Tag League 2020 Finals
Available on NJPWWorld.com
- Bullet Club (Bad Luck Fale, Taiji Ishimori & Chase Owens) def. CHAOS (SHO, Robbie Eagles & Toru Yano) by pinfall. (5:53)
Chase Owens pinned Robbie Eagles via Grenade Launcher.
- The Empire (Will Ospreay, Great-O-Khan & Jeff Cobb) def. Kazuchika Okada, Hiroshi Tanahashi & Toa Henare by pinfall. (10:44)
Jeff Cobb pinned Toa Henare via Tour of the Islands.
- Los Ingobernables de Japon (SANADA & Shingo Takagi) def. Bullet Club (EVIL & Yujiro Takahashi) by pinfall (4:58)
Shingo Takagi pinned Yujiro Takahashi via Last of the Dragon.
- Kota Ibushi & Master Wato def. Los Ingobernables de Japon (Tetsuya Naito & BUSHI) by pinfall. (10:07)
Kota Ibushi pinned BUSHI via Kamigoye.
- World Tag League 2020 Final: Guerrillas of Destiny (Tama Tonga & Tanga Loa) def. FinJuice (David Finlay & Juice Robinson) by pinfall. (22:17)
Tama Tonga pinned Juice Robinson via Super Bomb.
- Best of Super Junior 27 Final: Hiromu Takahashi def. El Desperado by pinfall via Time Bomb II. (30:12)
NJPW returns with Super J-Cup 2020 on 12/12 at 10pm ET on FITE TV.