New Japan Pro-Wrestling Addresses Coronavirus Concerns
With the world at large currently worried about the new Coronavirus, many have been wondering what it might mean for something like New Japan Pro-Wrestling. Tuesday, the company announced a new policy for the immediate future of live events.
In a statement from NJPW, the company announced that all currently scheduled live events will proceed as planned, but they have asked fans attending the shows to take a series of precautions when arriving. If you plan on going to any New Japan Pro-Wrestling shows, the company advises you to be aware of the following:
- Be mindful of your physical condition before an event. If you have a fever, cough or cold symptoms or feel otherwise unwell, please stay home.
- Additional disinfectant alcohol sprays will be available for attendees to use at every venue. We invite every attendee to disinfect their hands on entering each venue.
- NJPW encourages attendees to wear surgical masks at live events where at all possible. Staff members may also be wearing masks. We also encourage fans to thoroughly wash their hands and gargle.
- Please leave the venue if you become unwell during an event. Be aware that staff may advise attendees to leave if they seem unwell.
- Meet and greets/autograph signings at events will be canceled until further notice. We appreciate your understanding.
- Refunds will be made available for tickets purchased to March events. While events will all proceed as planned, we appreciate fans’ concern, and would like to ask ticket holders not to attend if they feel at all unwell.