New Details On What Led To Steve Cutler’s WWE Release; Vince McMahon Reportedly ‘Livid’
Image Credit: WWE
Steve Cutler was released by WWE on February 4 and now we have some more details in regards to what led to his release.
On Thursday, WWE announced they had released Cutler, issuing the following statement on their website:
“WWE has come to terms on the release of Steve Cutler. We wish him all the best in his future endeavors”
No other details were announced by the company, but we’ve since learned some new details about the situation, including how Cutler apparently had some heat with Vince McMahon. According to Fightful Select, Cutler specifically had heat with Vince McMahon over him contracting COVID-19 in early January. It was also said that despite the Knights of the Roundtable’s (Cutler and Wesley Blake) attempts to get back on TV with Baron Corbin, they were rebuffed and it allegedly stemmed from Cutler’s positive test.
The Wrestling Observer Newsletter provided more details on that specific part of the story, noting that the belief was that McMahon was “livid” over Cutler’s New Year’s Eve party that resulted in the positive result in the first place. WON also said McMahon had promised a few wrestlers, like Roman Reigns, a safe work environment to return to, and the party and having Cutler around all of the talent went against that.
Both Fightful and WON confirmed Cutler had been present at the WWE Performance Center as a bump guy for the “big man” class at the facility. Despite his termination, sources indicated to Fightful that the “door was open” for a return down the line.