WWE is looking to hire a Writer Assistant for the NXT brand, who would support the creative team in Orlando, FL.
You can check out the official job posting below:
“Writer Assistant, NXT
The NXT Writer’s Assistant will support the NXT Creative Writing Team in all aspects of the Writing process in Orlando, Florida.
* Take detailed and accurate notes, use those notes to update creative documents including: scripts, talent rosters, Pay Per View Cards, etc.
* Participate and take notes in high level creative writing meetings with Paul Levesque, the NXT Lead Writers and other members of the NXT Creative Writing Team
* Work with the Lead Writer to distribute notes from all meetings to necessary parties to ensure communication amongst all departments
* Follow directions, execute said directions in a timely manner, and at all times pay close attention to detail
* Assist with day to day needs of the writing team at the WWE Performance Center, including helping writers with shoots with talent, promo classes, etc.
* Take initiative and communicate clearly and concisely with the Lead Writers, Writers, Performance Center Coaches and other departments
* Perform clerical tasks such as transcribing, copying and printing documents
* Coordinate with other departments at the Performance Center and NXT Production Team ( Props, Talent, Travel , etc.) to ensure all necessary production elements are taken care of for all NXT TV Tapings
* Attend all NXT TV tapings and assist writers with the execution of backstage and in-ring segments, serving as a Runner, coordinating Talent, props and other necessary items
* AT NXT TV tapings, update scripts and other necessary documents for the taping. Copy and distribute the most updated documents to the necessary parties
* Assist writers with directing and producing taped backstage scenes and live in-ring promos
* Anticipate the needs of the team and plan ahead to assure efficient departmental functioning
* Perform miscellaneous tasks as assigned/ needed
* Minimum of 2 years TV Writing and/ or Production experience preferred, but not required
* Strong WWE and NXT product knowledge
* Time management skills and the ability to work well under pressure
* Strong work ethic and a flexible schedule that allows for long hours and travel as needed
* Willing and able to travel minimally for business to NXT TakeOver Pay Per Views and other necessary NXT Road Shows
* Within reasonable commuting distance from the WWE Performance Center to Orlando FL or be willing and able to relocate there
* Detail oriented, organized and proactive
* Dependable, motivated and eager to learn and assist in the execution of live scripted television
* Clean driver’s license and vehicle to be used for business as needed
* Strong computer skills including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and fast typing skills
* Strong Note Taking Skills
* Excellent interpersonal and communications skills (both verbal and written)
* BA/BS degree in Film/TV/Drama, Media Studies, Communications, English, or related field of study, is preferred, but not necessary”
You can keep up with all your wrestling news right here on eWrestlingNews.com. Or, you can follow us over on our Twitter and Facebook pages.
WWE is currently seeking a Writer Assistant for their NXT brand in Orlando, Florida. This position will involve supporting the creative writing team in various aspects of the writing process. If you have a passion for wrestling and a strong interest in the behind-the-scenes work that goes into creating compelling storylines, this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
The main responsibilities of the Writer Assistant include taking detailed and accurate notes during creative meetings, updating scripts and other creative documents, and distributing meeting notes to relevant parties. This role requires excellent attention to detail and the ability to follow directions closely. Additionally, the Writer Assistant will assist with the day-to-day needs of the writing team at the WWE Performance Center, such as helping writers with talent shoots and promo classes.
The Writer Assistant will also play a crucial role during NXT TV tapings. They will be responsible for coordinating talent, props, and other necessary items for backstage and in-ring segments. They will update scripts and distribute the most updated documents to ensure a smooth production process. The Writer Assistant may also be involved in directing and producing taped backstage scenes and live in-ring promos.
To be considered for this position, candidates should have a minimum of 2 years of TV writing and/or production experience, although this is not required. Strong knowledge of the WWE and NXT product is essential, as well as excellent time management skills and the ability to work well under pressure. The role may require long hours and travel to NXT TakeOver Pay Per Views and other necessary NXT Road Shows.
Candidates should be within a reasonable commuting distance from the WWE Performance Center in Orlando, Florida, or be willing to relocate there. Other qualifications include being detail-oriented, organized, proactive, dependable, motivated, and eager to learn and assist in the execution of live scripted television. Strong computer skills, including proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and fast typing skills, are also required. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written, are a must.
While a BA/BS degree in Film/TV/Drama, Media Studies, Communications, English, or a related field of study is preferred, it is not necessary. WWE is looking for candidates who are passionate about the wrestling industry and have a strong work ethic.
If you are interested in applying for the Writer Assistant position at WWE’s NXT brand, you can find more information and apply on their official job posting. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the creative team behind one of the biggest wrestling brands in the world. Good luck to all applicants!