Britt McHenry’s Lawsuit Against Tyrus Moves Forward, Judge Calls Texts ‘Unusually Crude And Clumsy’
Photo Credit: Flickr / Mike Kalasnik
Last year it was announced that current politics TV host and former WWE star George “Tyrus” Murdoch was being sued by former “Un-PC co-host Britt McHenry for sexual harassment. Tyrus’ lawyer called it a “smear campaign” at the time, and now we have an update on the case. While several counts of the lawsuit against Fox Corporation were dropped, but the federal judge didn’t dismiss the suit against Tyrus.
“The Murdoch argues that these allegations fall short of alleging harassment because McHenry does not allege any actual ‘sexual advances’ or that he was ‘propositioning Ms. McHenry or demonstrating a romantic interest in her.’ … That characterization of the factual allegations against Murdoch is incorrect,” U.S. District Judge Paul Engelmayer said in the filing (via Law & Crime). “His communications, as pled, are readily construed to reflect sexual advances and propositions, albeit unusually crude and clumsy ones, towards her. In any event, Murdoch’s legal premise is wrong, as the NYCHRL does not require that the defendant have had a romantic interest in the plaintiff, but only that he subjected her to ‘unwanted gender-based conduct.'”
Several examples of the “unusually crude and clusmy” texts include:
- “I love pony tails and braids you look amazing and it’s a real turn on not that you care but I love it”
- “I love your legs”
- “Fuck them your beautiful I love that picture”
- “Is it creepy how I look at you ???”
- “FYI you’ll need those legs to escape from me in Montana”
- “I please especially on your knees hotness”
- “I’ll show you what it mean to be bad Brittany Mc Henry”
- “Dick pic coming in 5 sec!!!!”
WrestleZone will have more on this court case as it continues.