AEW Dark Boasts Thirteen Gargantuan Matches, Ricky Starks On ‘The Waiting Room’ On 2/2
Photo Credit: All Elite Wrestling
AEW Dark will feature the following matches on this week’s show, plus the return of The Waiting Room with Britt Baker and Ricky Starks.
- Britt Baker Presents The Waiting Room with Ricky Starks
- Tay Conti (w/ Anna Jay & Dark Order) vs. Tesha Price
- Thunder Rosa vs. Dani Jordyn
- KC Navarro vs. Rey Fenix
- Ivelisse & Diamante vs. Vertvixen & Jazmin Allure
- Leyla Hirsch vs. Katalina Perez
- Gunn Club (w/ Austin Gunn) vs. John Skyler & Ray Jaz
- Alex Gracia vs. Red Velvet
- Fuego Del Sol & Vary Morales vs. Santana & Ortiz
- Chaos Project vs. SCU
- The Acclaimed vs. Ryzin & Danny Limelight
- Dark Order’s 10 (w/ Dark Order) vs. Jake St. Patrick
- Bear Country, Sonny Kiss & Joey Janela vs. Shawn Dean, Baron Black, Aaron Solow & Mike Verna
- M’Badu, Terrence & Terrell Hughes vs. Dustin Rhodes, QT Marshall & Nick Comoroto
One of the teams set for action on Dark, The Acclaimed, recently spoke with WrestleZone Managing Editor Bill Pritchard about their origins as a team and their growing chemistry. Both Anthony Bowens and Max Caster have similar backgrounds in coming up through the wrestling business and now talk about how they’ve been able to bond as teammates and how fans can follow their journey together through All Elite Wrestling.
Not only are they a formidable team in the ring, but The Acclaimed also sets the stage before they even step through the ropes with a blend of trash talk and fight anthems. Describing himself as a hype man and Caster as the emcee, Bowens explained how they’ve quickly come together and fans can watch it all happen on air. Caster agreed, adding that they’re two of the best wrestlers in the world right now and that’s going to be the constant.
Bowens: “And I think you can see our confidence in how much we believe in our characters grow each and every single week. I was just watching Dark last night at some of our older matches,” Bowens said, “I was like oof. But as each match goes on, you can see how the gimmick becomes slowly and slowly more polished and we slowly start to slip into the roles a lot more and get more comfortable on camera and with each other.”
Caster: “We’re two of the best wrestlers in the world right now. And when you pair us together, what’s gonna happen? We’re just gonna continue being two of the best wrestlers in the world. So that’s what’s helped us grow and have as much success as we’ve had so far.”