10/11 WWE SmackDown Preview: Former Shield Brothers Clash To Kick Off The WWE Draft
WrestleZone’s live coverage begins at 7:00 pm EST. Use the hashtag #WZChat on Twitter during SmackDown and your tweet may be featured right here on the main page of WrestleZone!
Here are WWE.com’s official Quick Hits preview points for tonight’s SmackDown:
- Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns to face off on SmackDown for number one pick
- Charlotte Flair and Bayley to collide tonight for SmackDown Women’s Title in WWE Hell in a Cell rematch
- WWE Draft begins with Friday Night SmackDown on FOX
- What’s next for Kevin Owens after his Ladder Match win?
- What Raw Superstar is destined for SmackDown glory?
You can find WWE’s full preview HERE. We have included some excerpts below:
Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns to face off on SmackDown for number one pick
Seth Rollins (representing Raw) faces Roman Reigns (representing SmackDown) in the opening match of this week’s WWE Draft episode of Friday Night SmackDown on FOX, and the victorious Superstar will earn the first overall pick for the corresponding brand.
The stakes are high for this showdown between former Shield members, as the Universal Champion squares off with The Big Dog to decide which brand gets the all-important first selection.
Will Rollins secure the top pick for Raw, or will Reigns score a major victory for the blue brand?
WWE Draft begins with Friday Night SmackDown on FOX
SmackDown and Raw are officially on the clock.
A historic WWE Draft gets underway on SmackDown with the future of 30 Superstars to be determined on Friday night’s episode. The preliminary draft pool was released earlier this week on WWE.com, and it revealed that the fates of WWE Raw Women’s Champion Becky Lynch, Roman Reigns, The O.C., “The Fiend” Bray Wyatt and more will be revealed on SmackDown.
It will be a star-studded affair as celebrities from FOX and NBCUniversal will take part in the draft process. Fourteen-time MLB All-Star and FOX analyst Alex Rodriguez, “Saturday Night Live’s” Michael Che and Colin Jost of “Weekend Update” segments, “Mr. Robot’s” Christian Slater, “NFL on FOX’s” Joe Buck and Pro Football Hall of Famer Troy Aikman, and “Mad Money” host Jim Cramer are among the headliners set to take part.
Below is the full list of WWE Draft rules:
- Over 70 Superstars, as well as tag teams, are eligible for selection in this year’s WWE Draft
- SmackDown will draft 30 Superstars, and Raw will select another 41 Superstars
- Since SmackDown is a two-hour show and Raw is a three-hour show, for every two picks SmackDown makes, Raw will receive three
- Tag teams will count as one pick unless FOX or USA Network specifically wants to pick only one Superstar from the team
- Any undrafted Superstars will immediately be declared free agents and able to sign with the brand of their choosing
What’s next for Kevin Owens after his Ladder Match win?
Kevin Owens impressed the STAPLES Center crowd with a high-flying Ladder Match against Shane McMahon with their careers literally hanging in the balance. KO exited with the victory but not before firing Shane-O-Mac and delivering a gratifying Stunner.
Is Owens finally freed from the grips of Shane? Have we heard the last from the “Best in the World?”